Global public transport leaders and experts from every corner of the globe gathered virtually on 26 October for the UITP Mobility Dialogue. In 11 sessions over 14 hours, 45 speakers discussed every aspect of mobility with over 1,000 attendees.
The session ‘Fostering urban mobility innovation’ was organised in the framework of the UMii project: during one hour, cities were invited to present some innovations they have recently deployed or are testing. A variety of different categories of innovations were discussed: process innovations (e.g. citizen engagement), infrastructure and modal innovations, regulatory or financial innovations, or ITS-related innovations.
The following speakers joined:
- Karine SBIRRAZZUOLI, Deputy Director Knowledge & Innovation Department, UITP
- Muna AL OSAIMI, Director Transportation Strategic Planning Dept, Roads & Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA)
- Johannes ECKERT, Program Manager RealLabHH, Hamburger Hochbahn AG
- Sofia TABORDA, Director of Innovation and Mobility Solutions, EMEL
- Andrew MEAD, Head of Architecture, MTR Hong Kong
- Yannick CORNET, Researcher and lecturer in sustainable transport appraisal and mobility transitions, University of Žilina
You can find a wrap-up of the entire Mobility Dialogue event here!